Sunday, August 31, 2008

IT HAS BEEN A WHILE :)





Well, since I have had a lot of time on my hands lately I will update my blog. I have been sitting on my butt for the last two months waiting to heal up from my slow moving accident at VF park. I had an open fracture of my tibia and fibula July 4th, with resultant surgery the same night. It is really a weird sight to see the bottom of your leg sticking out at a 90 degree angle and your bone poking through...yuk!!! Took them about an hour to get me out of the woods. They had to do a rescue with the fire company. I am partial weight bearing with crutches and my doctor said not to ride yet...but what does he really know? I rode around my neighborhood!! First time on a bike in two months!!! Felt great. I know I am a long way from mountainbiking, but it felt great to get my butt back on a bike seat.

2 comments:

Dirty Girl said...

Yeah Frankie! Get back on that titanium horse and head for the trails. Can't wait till you're back!

Frank Brigandi said...

riding will speed up the healing/recovery and it will move the left over drugs out of your muscles versus just lying around. How did it happen, I powdered my left tb and fib 6 years ago, seems about 50% strength which I will gladly take.
Yeah. shop is dry-docked for now, but I will reopen once I buy my own building where I will specialize in my custom frames, and higher end mtb and cyclocross stuff. Basically I just miss welding and had zero time to focus on what made me happy. I learned that you can;t keep your good customers and racing team happy if you are fixing huffy's all day and night, bikes which never get picked up in the long run......
So, I'll be back.