Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sucks!!



I saw the ortho yesterday and I was a bit unhappy. The usual x ray I receive every visit looked almost the same as a month ago!!! There in the middle of my tibia is two rather large cracks. I could show this x ray to anyone and you would be able to pick out the breaks within one second. I had anticipated, since it has been 10 weeks, that the bone would be almost healed by now.

The ortho said it is healing..oh yea...where? I guess he just doesn't get it. I need to get on my bike now!!!!!! I got him to agree that I can start riding my bike on the road as long as I don't fall.

Gotta start somewhere. I also talked him out of wearing that bulky walking boot. I made up some story how that boot really torques my tibia and hurts when I walk. ( it really kind of does). Still unable to walk a long distance without crutches, or stand more than a 1/2 hour without pain.

We also talked about a bone stimulator. Of course insurance won't pay for one until 90 days after injury and piles of paper work to insure you are not healing. I tried to pull some strings ,since that is my field ,and called our rep for medical equipment. He had one loaner he just gave out last week...bummer!!!! So I did what I do best....went to eBay and guess what? I got a $3,000.00 unit for.........$150.00. YES!!!!!! Someone use it for a few weeks on their broken clavicle and doesn't need it anymore. Should be here early next week. One my way to total healing.....I hope.


I also have something to look forward to when I get back to mountain biking. Here is my new frame that I had ordered before my injury, cancelled, and reordered. The last SEVEN DUO LUX 29er seven will be making. Had to sell half my garage to afford this one:)

No comments: